Be qualified to trade in the EU
The European Union’s Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) is the biggest international cap-and-trade programme for greenhouse gas emissions. It covers several emissions-intensive business sectors and plants. TÜV SÜD is your partner when it comes to credible and transparent verification of your GHG emissions according to the EU MRV (Measurement, Reporting and Verification) Guidelines.
To participate in the scheme, your organisation is obliged to produce an annual CO2 Emissions Inventory Report. The TÜV SÜD experts verify your allowance application as well as your annual final reports. Our experts certify your CO2-monitoring concept. This confirms that your data on carbon emissions is collected in line with the approved monitoring procedure. We also document the evidence that emissions rights held by your business are sufficient to cover actual emissions. This comprehensive approach to Carbon Management helps you avoid heavy fines.
Your EU Emissions Trading Scheme partner for:
- Inventory review by means of process analyses
- System analysis to determine verifiability of parameters
- Review of data basis for emissions calculation
- Review of calculation algorithms and emissions factors applied to determine GHG inventories
- Preparation of a verification report and certificate issue