Metro System Safety Testing & Assessment Services
Whether you are designing and constructing a new metro system or upgrading an existing one, higher performance considerations, increasing technical complexity and evolving passenger expectations are concerns. Beyond this, the ever-increasing requirements of metro safety standards and regulations impose a great deal of preparatory work and commercial risk on the approval process.
TÜV SÜD possesses a wealth of technical experience and a proven track record in urban metro systems. Engaging our expertise at the onset ensures safety, reliability and reduced risk, both technical and commercial.
We are widely recognised as a railway safety assessor by many railway authorities and National Safety Authorities; for example, NE railways and BOStrab in Bavaria & Saxony (Germany).
Our services at a glance
Metro System Services
Project planning and design phase
- Consultation on project definition, and conceptual planning and design
- Tender preparation services for contractors and suppliers
- Support for project management (scope, time, safety, quality, cost, resource, risk, communication, procurement and contract)
- Support development of common ticketing strategies and solutions (e.g. smart card technology)
- Advice on international business strategy
- Advice on non-fare revenue (e.g. advertising, retail)
Operation and maintenance phase
- Train and station operation strategies (ticketing, central control and operations planning)
- Station-based maintenance, way-side maintenance, rolling stock maintenance and maintenance planning
- Asset management
Independent safety assessment (ISA)
- Evaluation of tender documents and technical specifications, and requirements management
- Review of risks by assessing safety analysis, basic concepts and requirements definitions
- Review of technical documents for aspects related to design and construction, fire safety, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software, EMC, etc.
- Inspections of manufacturing, assembly and commissioning
- Measurements on mechanical and electrical components
- Acceptance inspections of completed systems